Sunday, February 22, 2015

How To Write A "How To!"

Hello Everyone!!
My apologies for not posting in a while.  We have been so busy both at school and on the homefront.  We had some major events to attend and my baby moved to Austin to start his first real job.  Needless to say...emotional rollercoaster!!! At school we celebrated the 100th day of school, Valentines Day, and Presidents Day. All were a huge success. Here are a couple of pics!






100th day balloon launch!!





Over the past couple of weeks we've been working so hard on our expository writing.  We are writing an "All About Me" book with about 5 chapters.  They are turning out so great!!  I don't have pics yet, bu I will soon. This coming week we will begin our "How to Writing." We have a kind of hat theme going on for our open house, so I wanted to include a hat idea in our writing, so I've added a "How to Make a Newspaper Hat" component.  I will show the kids how to make this fun little hat, and then let them get busy making their own and writing their "How To's." 



The unit I'm sharing today include templates, brainstorming sheets, and publishing ideas for a generic "How To" plus some specific "How To's" including "How To Eat An Oreo," and "How to Make a Newspaper Hat." 







For your own 40 page unit CLICK HERE! :)

I am so excited to show the kids how they can teach someone how to do something! I know they will love the hats!  I can't wait to show you some pics of them in the process. Till then, have a wonderfilled rest of the weekend! 
As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a peek through our window of wonder!! Don't forget to leave a comment!!
Joyfully!
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!