Tuesday, January 6, 2015

We're Gonna Knock Your Socks Off!

Hello Everyone!
First day back with kids!!  Great Day!!  We took a lot of time today to celebrate 2015, warm up our brains, and set some new years resolutions!  In math I decided to combine our celebration and warm up with a little number bonding. We focused on the number 15 today in honor of 2015. Kids took turns tossing 15 sparkly pom poms onto our New Year hat.  They then had to figure out the 2 number bonds to go with 15 by looking at the pom poms on and off the hat.  As we were tossing, we were calling out "Happy New Year!" Our own little bit of new year fun! 





For our work on writing today, We were inspired by a New Years Resolution poem and brainstormed ways we could improve ourselves in our classroom. I can't believe the list the kids cam up with!! Way to go, guys!!  Of course we had to add one last thing to our list and that was that we need to believe in ourselves.  I think it's important to let them know that that almost need to come first and that I believe in them and what they can accomplish.


Then it was time for the kids to write their own choices for new years resolutions. We are gonna knock your socks off in 2015!!  We believe!!!







And then, of course I had to deliver our Believe Bracelets!! You should have heard these sweet kids!! "I'm never taking mine off!!" 



I believe all my littles left today knowing that I believe in them and they believe in themselves as well!!  What could be better?



I am so looking forward to this semester with this group.  Watch out for flying socks!!
Till next time, thanks for stopping by for a peek into our wonder-filled world!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!