Monday, May 21, 2012

Let's Dream of Ice Cream!

Hello Everyone!
I know, I know! School is almost out, but I still have some fun things I want to do with my kids!!  Today we began a little mini unit about ice cream!  We atarted with a fun little book "Curios George Goes to an Ice Cream Shop."  We brainstormed some fun words about ice cream, some were attributes, some were just fun words!  We read a fun little poem about having 5 scoops of ice cream on a cone! You already know what happened, don't you!!
Then we put together this cute little craft connection.  We had done a little cupcake activity similar to this idea, so I hardly had to give any directions!  Such little smarties!!  We will be doing a few other ice cream activities this week and finishing with an ice cream party next week with parents invited!  Thanks, moms and dads for helping with that!!
Enjoy the pictures.  I've got to run!  Yes, I still have those house guests! :)  Love them!! 2 more weeks!













Enjoy the last few days of school!!  Stay cool!
Joyfully!
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Great! Thanks for sharing! I have 2.5 days left!!!! Have a great end-of-the-year!

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I am printing it now and tucking it away for next year. We are already out of school. Thanks for sharing
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!