Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sneaky E Has Struck Again!!

Hello Everyone!! Well, it's happened again! Sneaky E has struck our classroom!  That sneaky letter has been busy all day pinching short vowels and making them shout their names!  I have never seen such a comotion!!  :)
We started our day with a story about Sneaky E  and making some cute little puppets, complete with masks and mustaches! Original idea came from Ms. Gable's 2nd  Grade blog! Thanks, Ms. Gable! The kids did a great job practicing their favorite CVCe (consonant, vowel, consonant, e) words all over the puppet! We worked on several activities where Sneaky E was very helpful in changing short vowel words to long vowel words. Great Job, Sneaky!! 
Then, on the spur of the moment, we decided to break up into groups, and put on some little mini skits showing what Sneaky E does to unsuspecting short vowel words!!  Each group decided on the word, who would do each part and how they would show the process. We ended up filming all of the skits! We plan on showing the skits to the other first grade classes!!  I will try to upload them here as soon as I can figure it out! :)
Enjoy the pics for now!












I love our Sneaky E mustaches!!!  Thanks for a great day, VIK'S!!! 

Thanks for taking a peek into our wonder-filled day!!
Stop by again!
Joyfully!
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry for bombarding you with comments but I love every little activity I see. You are AMAZING!!!!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a 5th grade special education teacher in a school where "fun" is labeled as "unproductive". Your activities give me inspiration to continue on and have fun, in spite of the administration. Thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! Did you ever figure out how to upload the skit video? I would love to see what was involved. What was in the skit? Thanks for all your help and great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!