Sunday, November 27, 2011

Star Polisher, November 27, 2911

A peek into today...As I was getting ready for tomorrow, (the first day back after a week off) I really was excited to share with the kiddos some new things I want to do with them, and then it occurred to me that I am so glad that I am excited!  My job as an educator is so important.  I want to make that difference that everyone talks about.  I believe that every kiddo is important and worth every bit of my time and energy.  I have a poem hanging in my classroom, right by my desk.  It has been there for many years, but I need to read it every day!  It is called "The Star Polisher" written by Leah Becks.  She reminds me that I have such an important "job."  I have posted it here for you so you can download and print.  I think every teacher needs a reminder once in a while.  You are important to your kids!!
Have a great tomorrow!
Joyfully,
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem! Please come over to my blog and read some of the inspirational poems I share. I agree that it is easy to think about the curriculum and everything else and forget that we are teaching a child. We have to touch their hearts first before we can even think of getting to their heads. I know God put each kiddo in my room for a reason and I know I might be the only one to love that child for the day.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!